Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What's in a name?

I sat here in front of my laptop for quite a while brainstorming for name ideas for my food related blog. I wanted a name that was appropriate to the topic at hand (food and eating) as well as something that related to me directly. I also wanted a name with a little bit of humor built in and something that was catchy and easy to remember. After sitting here thinking about it for what felt like an eternity, it finally dawned on me! Foodie Monster!


"Why Foodie Monster?" you may ask. Well, I think the "foodie" part is obvious. I'm definitely a foodie to the core. I don't eat solely as a means of sustinance...I eat for the sheer pleasure of the experience! I don't eat to live, I live to eat. I truly think that one of the finest, simplest pleasures in life is a good meal. And by good meal, I mean a meal that sings lullabies to your soul through your taste buds.

As for the "Monster" part...well, I kinda got that from my wife. You see, when I eat I have a propensity for eating with extreme brevity. In other words, I eat my meals really fast and that's the way I like it. I'm pretty sure if you went around and polled my friends to see who the "fastest" eater they knew was, it'd probably be me (not that that's something to be proud of). In addition, I have a tendency to eat mass quantities of food as well. I swear I think i'm missing the part of my brain that receives the "stomach is full" signal and instructs the body to stop eating. Or, maybe i'm not missing it...i've just learned to supress it due to my penchant for good food. Now, during many of the meals that I have shared with my wife I've heard her say, "You're a MONSTER!" in reference to my fast and plentiful eating. So, I thought that would be a perfect complement to the "foodie" term. Foodie Monster! Short, appropiate, and to the point. Perfect!

3 comments:

One Little Seedling said...

Welcome to the blogger universe. Now you just need a cam for the foodie pics. =)

SoNSo1 said...

Welcome to the party pal! Hope you have as interesting food reviews as your brother or walt. Look forward to reading them. Just don't make me get too hungry and want to go out there.

Blue Ryder said...

Hey there foodie monster! This is IT! I'm glad you're here, and I'm lookin forward to reading your stuff! Cheers!