Monday, February 4, 2008

Pictoral "ratings" added...

I had stated in one of my first posts on this blog that I wasn't going to grade restaurants on some kind of numbering scale. Well, I lied...sort of. It's not a numbering scale but I just decided to add a little pictoral representation of my thoughts on each restaurant. I thought it would be nice to have a visual representation of my opinion so that at a glance, you the reader could get a feel for the opinion expressed without necessarily having to read the whole post. Of course, you're gonna want to read the entire post for the juicy details but it gives you a bit of a primer for what to expect. Here's the key to my new pictoral grading system...

- Two thumbs up. Places that get the double thumbs are well worth the trip from any distance, both near or far. They're the places and foods that light up my taste buds; the places, in my opinion, that every person should experience at least once in their lifetime. Preferably multiple times. The more times the better.

- One thumb up. Places that get the one thumb treatment are places that definitely get my approval. They're the places that I think are worth trying and I would definitely go back to in a heartbeat.




- This is my "Ehhhh" pic. The "Ehhhh" pic means that I was uninspired by the food. It means that it left the tastebuds wanting for something more. The food didn't really do anything for me other than fill my belly. I most likely wouldn't go back to the "Ehhhh" places unless I just happened to be in the area and there wasn't really anything else to eat in the area.

- This is the "Grrrr" pic. Getting the "Grrrr" pic means that I was angry at the end of the meal. Not only angry that I wasted the time and money on unworthy food, but more importantly, angry that I wasted a meal. That meal could have been spent eating something good and tasty and I can never get that meal back. Grrrr...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

First you steal my lines .. now my ideas ! BRILLIANT IDEA THIEF !

p.s. GO VOTE !!!

SoNSo1 said...

Pics are nice touch. Funny but straight to the point. I dig it

Blue Ryder said...

Your pics are a freakin HILARIOUS addition....

m said...

awesome. i can't wait for the next review.

you should have a special rating for food so good you could you bathe in it. but then i guess that would be a waste of food.

regardless, i'd like to see a pic of that. censored, of course.

ATChipmunk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ATChipmunk said...

Uhhh...M...I don't even know how to respond to that...LOL