Thursday, July 19, 2007

ANOTHER food blog?!

It's true...the internet is swamped with food blogs of all shapes and sizes. Some written by trained chefs and authorities on the subject while others are authored by people that are merely passionate about food and the pleasures gained from eating said food. To which of these groups do I fall into?


Well, I definitely am not a formally trained chef, nor would I consider myself an authority on food or eating by any means. I do, however have 30 plus years of experience in pleasing my taste buds so I guess that puts me in the latter of the two aformentioned groups. Also, I pretty much need to feed what seems like every hour, on the hour so within those 30 plus years of "experience" I have definitely racked up quite a number of meals. Hopefully that earns me a little bit of credibility on the subject.

So how is this blog going to differ from other food blogs? Who knows?! I just wanted to share my thoughts and insights on the pleasures that come from eating and enjoying different kinds of foods with the rest of the world (or at least anyone willing to read this). I plan on posting about various memorable meals i've had in the past and any notable meals (both good and bad) I may have in the future, from whatever city, in whatever country I may find myself.
What can you expect from me in the future? Well, one thing you can be sure i'm NOT going to do is rate meals on some kind of numbering scale. I think numbered ratings for foods and restaurants are kind of ridiculous. When it comes to a meal, there are just way too many variables that can affect your opinion of that meal. For example, my level of hunger can definitely influence how much I enjoy the food that is presented to me. Extreme hunger can make even the crappiest food taste like heaven. Instead, I'm going to simply give my honest, in the moment, thoughts and impressions of the food experience. Hopefully that will be enough.

What kinds of foods and restaurants can you expect to see on here? Well, I'll try just about anything at least once so nothing is out of bounds. If I can get my grubby little hands onto it(and I LOVE eating with my hands!), it will most likely end up on here sometime. I'll do fine dining and "gourmet" restaurants, but I equally love eating at total dumps. In fact, some of my most enjoyable meals have come from places that would most likely get shut down by a food inspector visit so to say that i'm "adventurous" may be an understatement by some people's standards. Finally, I plan on sharing some good recipes of foods I love that i've come across over the years so stay tuned! There's more to come!

1 comment:

Braving the Arirang said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, FM!

Can't wait to read the rest of your posts!

Have fun blogging!! (TL bit you with the blogging bug, didn't she?)

Tell P I said hi!!

-The Brave